I just left a show where the entire show on Catalyst was triggered with Medialon using MSC. (Props to you six guys who wrote all 800 cues. It was hell to touch up.)

Anyway, the system devices were M-Audio Midisport Uno's feeding into the Catalysts. I had a tremendous time receiving MIDI capture data from the device.

I verified MIDI out from the Medialon PCs but the Catalyst machines just didn't receive it. The devices were installed correctly and showed up in the Audio Midi utility. They also showed up in the Catalyst MSC window.

I was using m207 since this was the version written for the show. I also tried versions up to m222. Changing the Catalyst version had no help.

FYI, this is after reinstalling MIDI device drivers for the Unos.

The final solution came when I mixed and matched show files from several different revs of the show. Eventually I was able to have the show work correctly on several different MIDI devices. (Same trick I used on the same show in fact to overcome a bug with the LFGs).

Currently, devices are all M-Audio Midisport models Uno, 2x2, and 4x4.

At Richard's suggestion, I tried all kinds of different devices until the problem was gone. Also worked diligently with the drivers making sure the correct versions were installed.

I am very interested in followup from anyone else who has ever dealt with this issue. What were your solutions and suggestions for resolutions?