Thread: SWITCHERS WITH NATIVE SUPPORT...help fast pls

SWITCHERS WITH NATIVE SUPPORT...help fast pls

allright.. soo a new development on the situation with the tour this fall.... it appears that a new switcher is being purchased so I would like some recommendations on switchers that use the strings allready built into catalyst for serial control. Our cameras will be composite. I see that there are many in catalyst but I have no way of knowing what models they are.. looking for something with at least 8 inputs.. seamless naturally... anyone who knows what models are associated with the inbuilt strings in catalyst or knows of a specific unit by experience please give me your input... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajmaudio View Post
    allright.. soo a new development on the situation with the tour this fall.... it appears that a new switcher is being purchased so I would like some recommendations on switchers that use the strings allready built into catalyst for serial control. Our cameras will be composite. I see that there are many in catalyst but I have no way of knowing what models they are.. looking for something with at least 8 inputs.. seamless naturally... anyone who knows what models are associated with the inbuilt strings in catalyst or knows of a specific unit by experience please give me your input... thanks
    you have to test them - all the switchers have their quirks.
    people normally choose on price not ease of use ...

i have stuff for extron kramer, leitch etc. in my video switcher->dmx control panel-
    Attached Images Attached Images

With 8xComposite Video - you could also opt for 2x LFG4 Video-Input cards. Might even be chepaer than some seamless switchers - and are proven by a lot of Catalyst users...
    Olli
    ------
    Oliver Ranft, Aachen, Germany

Well after much frustration and poor tech support finaly ended by an employee that actually wanted to help I managed to get an ocean matrix working nicely... if only the manual was written correctly in the first place! thx