Thread: Crazy Keystoning

Threaded View

Crazy Keystoning

Hey All,

I've got a theater show that I have to program in the next week (it starts thursday of next week) that requires some absolutely crazy keystone correction for a lot of cues.

The set consists of 6 giant boxes on wheels (16ft high, 8ft wide, 4ft deep) that move all around the stage during the course of the play. See the attached images, the lines represent the throw of the projectors.

I have one catalyst server running three projectors using a Matrox Triple Head 2 Go, so it is actually just one huge output. We have done a show using this setup and it works quite well, but I've never done keystone correction.

For a lot of the cues, the boxes are lined up pretty well with the projectors, but there are several where they are not, so I need to keystone all the layers separately to fit the images on to each box.

I was playing around with the keystone today but didn't get much time to figure things out. I was able to apply the keystone setup effect to the layer which got me a grid to work with. I was able to rotate and scale and move the corners of that grid to fit on to the surface that needed the image. However, when I switched back to the keystone effect, the image was huge, and stretched across all three projectors.

In playing a bit more, I found that when the keystone effect was applied, the image was coming out sidways, although I could rotate it, but adjusting the scale had no effect.

Some scenes use up all 14 layers (mostly images, not much video) and each layer needs to be individually fit on to the set pieces.

Is what I'm needing to do possible? If so, I need some pointers on how to make the keystone work for me. The directors going to be rather unhappy if I tell her it is impossible smile

I'm running Cat v4 m165, controlled via art-net by a magicq pc system.

Thanks for any help you can provide... this is going to make my crazy!
    --
    Landy Bible
    LJB2of3 Lighting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (138.4 KB, 16 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (119.1 KB, 15 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (137.0 KB, 13 views)
    landy@ljb2of3.net