Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy Keystoning

Quote Originally Posted by ljb2of3 View Post
    Ok... back to having issues... if I could adjust the mix "Keystone Geometry" parameters via DMX, it would rock... I'm still playing with it, but so far, it looks like I still may not be able to do what I need with this since every scene is different.
    you can - its called mix shape.

which software version do you have?

m165 I believe

I was able to patch a "fixture" that lets me skew the corners of the keystone... but I have not found an option to adjust the mix's scale, aspect ratio, center x/y, and such via dmx...
    landy@ljb2of3.net

m165 I believe

I was able to patch a "fixture" that lets me skew the corners of the keystone... but I have not found an option to adjust the mix's scale, aspect ratio, center x/y, and such via dmx...
    all you adjust are the keystone points.
    everything else then comes from the layer position and scale.

I'm beginning to see a way to do this... looking over the ground plans, most scenes are right on with the projector, there are only two spots where it is important to keystone.

If I'm understanding correctly, I need to adjust the scale and aspect ratio of one mix to hit all the boxes in the view of the projector, then keystone to lay flat on them (lucky for me, they are all at the same angle on stage) Then, I can scale my layers as normal to fix the boxes.

It would be nice if I could adjust the other parameters of my shape via DMX... the options are there, but I can only set them via the GUI. But, it looks like what I need right now is possible.

Thanks!
    landy@ljb2of3.net

I'm beginning to see a way to do this... looking over the ground plans, most scenes are right on with the projector, there are only two spots where it is important to keystone.

If I'm understanding correctly, I need to adjust the scale and aspect ratio of one mix to hit all the boxes in the view of the projector, then keystone to lay flat on them (lucky for me, they are all at the same angle on stage) Then, I can scale my layers as normal to fix the boxes.

It would be nice if I could adjust the other parameters of my shape via DMX... the options are there, but I can only set them via the GUI. But, it looks like what I need right now is possible.

Thanks!
    you got to keep these things as simple as you possibly can with as few parameters as possible- otherwise you will get horribly confused - there are an infinite number of ways to do this ( or get it wrong )

Working with a single mix at a time:
    1. Create a still image alignment file with a rectangle/grid with the same aspect ratio as the real world box you need to map onto
    2. load this image onto a layer - and then a mix -and adjust the mix keystone points so that this still image file fits onto the real world object- at all corners-
    there are an infinite number of scaling options to do this - just start with one.

3. repeat this for each object with a new alignment image.

do this one small step at a time - until you get more of a feel for how projective geometry works.

oh and make sure you have lots and lots of time - it cannot be done in a hurry.