Thread: Older Catalyst and HD

Hybrid View

Thanks for the help. Does anyone know if the Decklink Extreme HD card works with the Catalyst? I would really like to try and get an HD input card seeing as the SD-SDI Decklink card for Mac Pros is only $100 less the the HD version.

Thanks

Here is another question, if the Decklink Extreme HD works, is there anyway to use the HD-SDI output on it as a mix out in the catalyst? I have a show that is going to be using the catalyst and they will record everything and they asked if I could send them the content. I can just use one of the outs on the TH2G, but then I have to convert it to SDI because that is the only input the switcher has on it. So it would be great if I could just bypass the converter and use the SDI out on the card.

Thanks

3. no - Catalyst outputs from the graphics cards only - nothing comes out of the decklink's SDI outputs. You will have to scan convert the output.
    Nev Bull
    Pixels Plus Limited
    Digital Video Services

Catalyst Software - Upgrades - Server Hardware - Accessories - Training - Support

t: +44 (0)1494 858151
    e: nev@pixelsplus.co.uk
    w: www.pixelsplus.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by efxmaster View Post
    Does anyone know if the Decklink Extreme HD card works with the Catalyst?
    The decklink extreme will work in new Mc Pro machines. Don't try it in old G5s though because processing HD-SDI is a little much for those.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised