Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
YES
A G5 can run 3 layers of 1920x1080 progressive (note that this is not 1080p or 1080i).
what do you mean by this?

This makes no sense...

The video card must be changed and the computer requires more than 2Gb of memory and an SSD.
change the video card? from what to what?

I have done this with few frame drops only on a single output system. Absolutely no sync though, it started dropping frames like mad when I tried to sync.
No idea what you mean by this - but it seems you might be contradicting yourself in saying it worked...

this is all mixed up - and refers to multiple things all in one sentence - each one of which is unclear and ambiguous.

YES
Three screens can run 1920x1200 on a single Mac Pro. I do this now in my studio at home. Two on a TH2G digital in Dual head mode and one on the second output using X1900XT.
This is very taxing on the system if I run video on the TH2G output. Video on the single screen works fine.
? ? ? ?

you say it works - then you say it doesnt.... and only works on a single screen....

Another possibility you can try is to use Fibre channel cards in a Mac Pro and in a G5. Use the same disk in your Pro and Fibre link it to the G5. You could then run HD on each output of the Pro and a single on the G5.
This is not necessarily a good idea but it would work.
??????? fibre link discs ??????? why? what would that achieve?
sharing discs?

Im not aware of any way to do this.

Something else very important to be aware of... If you try to sync different edge blended machines, you will experience frame delays across projectors. You won't notice this if you have separate screens side by side but you will most certainly notice when you have edge blending from different computers. It's subtle but something you'll notice with fast moving content across an edge blend done by multiple machines.
i cant see how this relates to the beginning of this post ?????