Thread: Older Catalyst and HD

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by efxmaster View Post
    Ok, I for some reason cannot get the Decklink to work. Brand new decklink extreme HD. I have it in slot 2. When I called Blackmagic, they told me that it needed to be in slot 4. When I moved it up there, the Catalyst started running very slow. Like it would only play things back at 15FPS. And I mean like simple DV movies. When I moved it back to slot 2, the Catalyst started working like it should, but I still cannot get it to work. I can see the video using the Deck control software that came with the card, but when I go into Catalyst to set it up, I either get Black, or green lines.

Any thoughts?
    Lets backtrack a little here:

What mac do you have? G5/intel/2007/2008
    What OS?
    What version of Catalyst are you using?
    What version of Decklink HD Extreme drivers are you using?

Can you post a 'support' PDF profile'

Were you trying to use the deckink control software at the same time as catalyst?

I've just configured an HD Extreme (old model without HDMI) for a client with no issues on a 2007 3.0G intel MacPro, using latest available drivers and m165 - card was in top slot and configured with the Expansion slot Utility in Tiger. Input and output was set to uncompressed SD-SDI

S
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk

Ok, I will try and post a support PDF.

To answer some question, Brand New Mac Pro (came in 2 weeks ago)
    8 - 3.0GHz core
    2GB of Ram
    32GB Mtron SSD
    Nividia 8800 ( I think that is the graphics card, I am not in front of it right now)
    OS 10.5.4
    Catalyst m165
    Decklink Extreme HD 6.8.1.

I have it in slot 2 right now, because when I put it in slot 4 and then put the catalyst in full screen, the second bar at the bottom ( sorry don't remember what it reads ) goes all the way up to 200% and every movie I have plays back at 15FPS no matter what format or size it is in. At one point i got the signal using the Blackmagic deck control software, but when I closed that and opened Catalyst, still nothing. I think the signal source may have not been right. After this show is over, I am going to look into it more. My bigger question is why Catalyst starts playing back slow when I put the Decklink card in the top slot. Do you think it has something to do with OS 10.5.4? If so, how would I get a copy of Tiger?

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by efxmaster View Post
    Ok, I will try and post a support PDF.

To answer some question, Brand New Mac Pro (came in 2 weeks ago)
    8 - 3.0GHz core
    2GB of Ram
    32GB Mtron SSD
    Nividia 8800 ( I think that is the graphics card, I am not in front of it right now)
    OS 10.5.4
    Catalyst m165
    Decklink Extreme HD 6.8.1.

I have it in slot 2 right now, because when I put it in slot 4 and then put the catalyst in full screen, the second bar at the bottom ( sorry don't remember what it reads ) goes all the way up to 200% and every movie I have plays back at 15FPS no matter what format or size it is in. At one point i got the signal using the Blackmagic deck control software, but when I closed that and opened Catalyst, still nothing. I think the signal source may have not been right. After this show is over, I am going to look into it more. My bigger question is why Catalyst starts playing back slow when I put the Decklink card in the top slot. Do you think it has something to do with OS 10.5.4? If so, how would I get a copy of Tiger?

Thanks for the help.
    check the decklink system preferences- make sure you do not have decklink desktop output turned on-
    its in the system preferences->decklink

this used to be turned on by default whenever any software is installed.