Quote Originally Posted by efxmaster View Post
So I just got the new Mac in today. I have not really done anything with it yet except to put the Mtron in. What are the steps involved in putting the Catalyst software on the new computer. Should I just download it from the forum and there it is? I thought I heard once that there is a usb device that must be attached.

Thanks for all the help.
High End created a device they called the CIB (Catalyst Interface Box) when they were distributing Catalyst for Richard. It was as simple as plugging in to make it work. You could use one if you could find one I suppose but their not available new anymore.

Another device and the one I recommend is from Enttec and is called DMX Ethergate MK2. This is an ethernet box that allows for DMX in or DMX out. There are still several other devices that allow you to input DMX. Basically though, all you need is to send Artnet to your ethernet port and you have a working DMX Catalyst.

As for the software, m165 is the official release. Just download it from the website. Once you down load it you copy the application it into a folder called Catalyst (or whatever name you want to call it). The application is the little thing that looks like a red ball and has the extension .app.

The magic of a Mac is that there isn't really an installation process like there is on other platforms: [copy = install] & [delete = uninstall].

I personally have a folder in my Applications folder called Catalyst. In that folder I have dozens of subfolders which are both specific to the show and specific to the version of Catalyst I am using.

Each instance of the Catalyst app creates its own settings files that are stored in the same folder as the Catalyst app. This is the reason I have duplicates in many different folders. That way I can have unique settings for different configurations on the same machine.

You can run any version you want. (Hypothetically you could run versions simultaneously if you wanted to. Don't).

Just run the one you need at the time you need it.