Thanks for that, yes that is what i do at the moment, if i have a situation where i have several projectors at one location i will use a switch at that end and feed all devices from that, or if it is a single projector then i will send two Cat5 from the switch at the rack end, but it still means i need the IP serial boxes to make it work, and also additional network switches which are all things to go wrong/break. I am a big fan of making things as simple as possible.

I have managed to kind of do this with catalys as it is using applescript to open a telnet session to the projector (which is all PJ Link is as far as i can tell) and send the various commands that way, but it takes a little while for the session to become active before you can send commands, so not very suitable for swift shutter commands. I guess i could be a little bit intelligent and write something in X-Code that will respond to applescript that keeps the session open and sends the commands, but it's another thing to go wrong!!

Cheers

Gareth