Thread: Opacity and Global Keystone Problem

Hybrid View

Wow! I feel like an idiot. I had never actually tried clicking that button before. Sure enough, it works for crossfading keystone and circular mixes. Even works in stacked mixes (not mentioning the scale invert).

This just eliminated so much headache.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

GREAT!

I have access to the cat system over the weekend. I will still let you know how i've done it. Need to check a couple of things.

As far as crossfading layers goes....are you fading one up at exactly the same time as you are fading the other down?

Try delaying one layer a bit and you should see better results....or if the layer you are fading up is "behind" the other....fade it up first before fading out the one in front of it, and vice-versa if the layer is coming up "in front".

Simple, but effective with almost any server I've found.

Hope this helps
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

Hey Marty,

Catalyst 101 would indicate that at the midpoint of a crossfade with one layer going from 0 to 100 and the other going from 100 to 0 at the same time with the same delay time, you would have a value of 50% opacity for both layers. This would most definitely cause a dip in intensity but this is not what I am doing although the result of what I am getting while using the global keystoning looks just like that type of result.

When I changed over to keystoning on every layer like in the old days, the problem went away entirely without changing anything to the cue timing.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-scott