Thread: HTTP Get feedback

HTTP Get feedback

I've been using samsc as an iphone remote for checks and such using the http get command. It would be nice that instead of samsc returning "unknown command" when a proper command is sent, that it would return back the same command sent, i.e. "cuelist,searchandplay,1" at the very least.

Thanks!

Hey,

It's not specifically related but I have been working on a few iPhone Apps which control URLs of web interfaces. I am working with PHP, Java, Perl, and XLM command utility that will be able to control almost any device with a web interface. I am hoping Catalyst and SAMSC will be a few of them.

It might be a little while though.

I know that's not what you're asking for but it's something potentially look forward to.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

That would be sweet. I mean I can make do right now, but it would be nice to have feedback that the command was sent.

Yeah,

Don't ask me why clients always stand on stage when they want to see a run through of content. It's a pain in the ass to run back and forth to FOH just to get go and then run back to appease the client.

iPhone is a great deal easier than a second Mac Pro running ARD.

Of course you can also try using one of the VNC applications for iPhone. I have one of these so I don't have to get out of bed and walk to my office when my computer beeps at me in the middle of the night. Of course there are better uses I'm sure.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Could you outline how your using the HTTP get to control SAMSC? I was trying to find this out in another thread earlier

Thanks,
    El

You do a hyperlink like below, where you put in your machine name.local or IP (if you do machine name it's a bit more traveling friendly) followed by the SAMSC port (7000) then the only supported command (as far as I know) followed by the name/number of the cue you wish to trigger. This number/name is what is displayed in the "Show Cue" column of your cuelist. It isn't apparent to me that the ?whatever=xxx callout actually does anything, but I make it match nonetheless.

When you run it successfully, you'll link to a page that will say Unknown command or something. I find if you just do an <iframe> for the target on the same page and make the size of the iframe 1x1 pixel then you can "hide" it.

<a href="http://jabadger-l07.local:7000/samsc(cuelist,searchandplay,101)?whatever=cue101" target="hiddenframe">Yadda</a>

Thank you so much. That was exactly what I was looking for.

El

you can do the same things in catalyst - and the commands are simpler and more up to date.