Thread: DECKLINK HD from black magic

DECKLINK HD from black magic

Hi
    A question concerning the use of the decklink card
    I know that it could be use as a SDI capture card (firewire tax to much the processors).

1)But Is it possible to use the SDI output?

2)On board effect:
    Cross Dissolve, Dip to Color, Sepia, Desaturate, Brightness Contrast, Proc Amp, Tint, Gamma Correction and 3-Way color Corrector. RT Extreme support in Final Cut Pro?
    does catalyst support any of the effects.

No.

Because catalyst uses the Radeon graphics card to do all of the graphics processing.

Lots of people need an sdi output.
    Currently scan convertors must be used.

Any chance to see that feature implanted soon. I mean to invest in such kind of card and be only able to use 33% of the potential is a shame. It shouldn't be so complicated to have it works together as does after effect for example.
    Any other suggestion if I want to buy a High Def capture card.
    I come from the Pc world so I apologize if my question is stupid. What kind of graphic API is used? is it only Open gl?

Quote Originally Posted by K DO
    Any chance to see that feature implanted soon. I mean to invest in such kind of card and be only able to use 33% of the potential is a shame. It shouldn't be so complicated to have it works together as does after effect for example.
    Any other suggestion if I want to buy a High Def capture card.
    I come from the Pc world so I apologize if my question is stupid. What kind of graphic API is used? is it only Open gl?
    i have one too.

the card works as a quicktime output device - but is nowhere near powerful enough to do catalyst stuff.

The graphics chips are the star performers that make all this work.
    The radeon 9800 is a phenomenal chip - its 10's of times faster than the g5 - at doing graphics things.

Graphics chips are so good - because they are used with games, and there has been a stupendous amount of money put into developing them.
    They are a mass market product - because games sell machines- in fact they drive the entire industry.