We have show where the audience is sleeping in. We start at 23.00 and shut everything down at 0.30. Then we go home and the audience go to sleep. But in the morning they wake up with a movie with sound on the monitors.

I know i can automate this with a G4, QTpro starting at 6.00 under mac os x tiger and let the mac shutdown itself by 7.00. But then i'll need an extra mac and graphics card with composite out or bigger scan convertor.

In theory i can do the former on the macpro which i used during the show running catalyst. But like i said everything is shutdown in the evening. I can also automate this morning proces using the macpro which starts up by itself, the starts a full screen movie by itself and starts playing and sending the audio out through a motu interface and shutting itself down around 7.00. We dont use catalyst at this point but could there somehow be a conflict with this kind of automation and cat prefs or something else?

The next evening we startup the system manually again for using catalyst during the show,...

Hope this is a bit more clearer?