Thread: dongle and undo

dongle and undo

Hello,

Two things would be great for me:
    If I forget to put the usb dongle in the mac before I work on a project, it would be interresting that instead of losing the work, the soft could reconize the dongle after it has been launched.
    Second: implementation of the undo fonction.

Thank you.

Jerome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    Hello,

If I forget to put the usb dongle in the mac before I work on a project, it would be interresting that instead of losing the work, the soft could reconize the dongle after it has been launched.

It does ! go under Catalyst menu / install Register /

a new Window will pop up , there use

" Refresh " wait till the dongle it recognized

then click OK

dongle

Hello,

Thank you, I did not try.

Jerome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    Hello,

Second: implementation of the undo fonction.

Thank you.

Jerome.
    undo is one of those things - that looks easy on the surface - but is a major architectural problem in software design.

I actually go so mad once I threw my notebook from FOH to the stage because I forgot to put the dongle back in.

I was fixing to leave and had ended every app on my Macbook. The next thing I know I got a burst of energy and went ahead and launched Catalyst again.

I must have been in a zone because I cranked out close to 100 cues in the SAMSC-Lite Cuelist in less than 30 minutes. When I went to hit save, I got the demo warning that didn't allow it.

So I plugged in the dongle and went to the ole trusty "Register" button and the dongle showed up. The sad thing was I was still getting the demo message on the cuelist. Well... I was half tempted to leave the computer in standby and just use it for the show the following day but I get leery of using a MBP on a TH2G for actual showtime so whatever the result I needed SAVE to work.

I tell ya... It was one of those nights. I laid in bed and visions of cuelists filled my head and probably lost me an hour or two of sleep.

I learned my lesson. I'll never do that again. Still, it would be nice if I could have saved that list because I was so freakin proud of myself.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised