Thread: Multiple Inputs

Multiple Inputs

So I have something going on where I need 2 or 3 inputs. I have 2 canopus boxes (an advc-100 and 110) and am trying to get both to work on different inputs in the catalyst. I can run 1 just fine. But when I plug signal in to the 2nd box, it freezes the first one. I also cannot get them to both enable in the input window.. It just shows the window "working" and then gives up.

I can get it to do the built in isight as well as a canopus box.. so shouldn't it be able to do the canopus boxes?

Thanks,
    Ryan

I wouldn't personally recommed trying to get two live inputs through Firewire or USB for many reasons.

One will work just fine, but more than that will give you trouble for sure.

Do you need the inputs simultaneously? Or can you put them on a switch?

If you do need more than one input simultaneously you really should use the Active Silicon LFG-4 card for composite inputs.....this will give you 4 composite inputs per card (maximum two per server)

If you need SDI or HD-SDI you should use one or two of the new Active Silicon Phoenix SDI cards as your needs require.....this will give you two SDI or one HD-SDI per card (also maximum two per server)

You could use these cards together as well....ie (x1) LFG-4 and (x1) Phoenix SDI.

Hope this helps
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

yea normally I wouldn't do it.. But there is a show that I have some of my gear on and they needed something that can be a video switcher and I thought I could just use my cat on it. I am basically just lending them my dongle. I don't have either of those otherwise I would be all good. I would need them simultaneously.

For future reference, could I use more then 1 of the black magic intensity pro cards for multiple inputs into a server?

Thanks, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ryanww View Post
    For future reference, could I use more then 1 of the black magic intensity pro cards for multiple inputs into a server?
    I'm not really all that familiar with the Intensity Pro line....I've mostly used the Decklink series ones, but I imagine that the same rules apply, so as long as you have the slots, you should be able to use two cards
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

Initially, it was not possible to use more than one type of the same Black Magic card in one MacPro. 2 different ones were possible. 1 LFG and 1 Decklink Extreme is also possible. (tested)

I believe that recent BlackMagic driver versions might support 2 of the same type of card - I've not tested it though. Would be interested to find out the results.

S
    Simon Pugsley

SNP Productions Ltd. (UK)
    Lighting & Video Control Solutions
    Catalyst|Sales|Hire|Training|Support
    Catalyst Dealer UK Europe & Worldwide...

Office: +44 (0)1908 410129
    Mobile: +44 (0)7958 390034
    simon@snp-productions.co.uk
    www.snp-productions.co.uk