Thread: DVB-T Device As Video Input

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by lichtbau View Post
    i understand about the tv-channel issue but can i use the s-video input of such a dvb-t device (some might have) as a live camera input. i like to get a f-bas/s-video singnal into a mac-mini. i don't need hi-quality and i can live with delay. do i think in the right direction?

If you want to do experiment you can try but i've try this my self with a pinnacle stick and it did not work , then i've tried with a Terratec Box and it did not work .... There might be a TV/Video input box out there working with with quick time but no one know.

on by the way it's not a catalyst issue , if the box work with Quick Time it work with catalyst , if doesn't work with Quick Time it doesn't work with catalyst.

Try searching for a Cheep box compatible with Quick time .

don't you have a Camcorder ?

to use a dv-cam is no problem - but like to use a bnc-cable out of my dv-cam, into a video mixer and finally into my mac-mini without converter boxes. maybe i think in the wrong direction but i'm looking for a really cheap way of doing it. again: please ignore quality issues.

to use a dv-cam is no problem - but like to use a bnc-cable out of my dv-cam, into a video mixer and finally into my mac-mini without converter boxes. maybe i think in the wrong direction but i'm looking for a really cheap way of doing it. again: please ignore quality issues.
    If you have a camcorder with video input you can use the Camera as converter .

Try searching on eBay for broken camera. there are tons of broken camera for few euro , they might still be useful as converter box from composite to Dv.

just an example I don't know if ti work

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Creative...Blaster-Editor

Search for a USB composite to DV converter compatible with OSX .

you have to use a convertor of somekind somewhere-

use a canopus video to dv convertor with a mac mini-

http://desktop.thomsongrassvalley.co...conversion.php
    http://desktop.thomsongrassvalley.co...VC55/index.php

there are also usb to video convertors-
    but i never use those-

I understand in many cases the point is a cheaper solution but perhaps it's better to focus on something more specific to what will work.

The best solution I have had is stacking Macs. The output of one I feed to the input of the machine I have running Catalyst. This proves to work best.

Something not noted yet is the significance of delay. Each device in the chain creates a frame delay. This is especially true of cheaper or lower quality devices.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised