Thread: Major performance issues

Major performance issues

Hi All,

I'm running on a Mid 2007 Mac Pro 3GHZ 4 core total with 5 gig ram and content on mtron pro 64 gig ssd. Ati 1900 graphics. Each port with TH2G digital on, driving 2 monitors, so 4 monitors total (2 as outputs, 2 as working).
    LFG4 capture card
    Intensity pro capture card

I'd attach profile but it's above attachment limit.

If I run 1 HD layer across the 2 output monitors (made up of 2 submixes offset), with a live 720p50 input from a macbook pro via intensity pro scaled into a box as a PiP, it looks great, fluid and low latency. If I bring another HD layer in, or a couple of SD layers, frame rates drop on the playback layers and the live input delays significantly, up to 4 seconds with only a few layers playing.

With a few SD layers going I also get dropped frames.

It seems to make no difference if I turn off all the submixes and just play the content with no output, significant frame rate decrease occurs which leads me to believe it's not the graphics card but I could be wrong.

If I run the tests, things seem to go relatively well, but in real world application, I'm struggling to get a couple of HD and a couple of SD layers going, even without live input.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it just seems my system isn't performing aswell as it should.

Cheers,

James
    James Cooksey
    Basic Monkey Limited
    t: 0844 870 0036 // f: 0844 870 0046 // e: enquiries3@basicmonkey.net

what codec for your movies?

email me pdf profile.

Quote Originally Posted by basicmonkey View Post
    Hi All,

I'm running on a Mid 2007 Mac Pro 3GHZ 4 core total with 5 gig ram and content on mtron pro 64 gig ssd. Ati 1900 graphics. Each port with TH2G digital on, driving 2 monitors, so 4 monitors total (2 as outputs, 2 as working).
    LFG4 capture card
    Intensity pro capture card

I'd attach profile but it's above attachment limit.

If I run 1 HD layer across the 2 output monitors (made up of 2 submixes offset), with a live 720p50 input from a macbook pro via intensity pro scaled into a box as a PiP, it looks great, fluid and low latency. If I bring another HD layer in, or a couple of SD layers, frame rates drop on the playback layers and the live input delays significantly, up to 4 seconds with only a few layers playing.

With a few SD layers going I also get dropped frames.

It seems to make no difference if I turn off all the submixes and just play the content with no output, significant frame rate decrease occurs which leads me to believe it's not the graphics card but I could be wrong.

If I run the tests, things seem to go relatively well, but in real world application, I'm struggling to get a couple of HD and a couple of SD layers going, even without live input.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it just seems my system isn't performing aswell as it should.

Cheers,

James

Quote Originally Posted by basicmonkey View Post
    Hi All,

James
    what size and resolution and refresh rate on each port of your th2g?

what size and refresh rate of each monitor?