A while ago High End had posted in the Job section a position for a software developer. So far as I know, the posting is still there. The specific requirements were for a developer who knows Direct 3D. Direct 3D is the core technology most developers would use to create a Windows based Media Server.

Under the circumstances and the fact that Axon 2 has been out for a while, it wouldn't be surprising if High End releases a new version of their media server. Chances are this is something Barco will have influence on. Chances are also that Barco has several ideas for "DL.x" type fixtures as well which is why buying High End was of value. Barco has many small and powerful projectors and I'd personally like to see something brighter than DL.1, DL.2, and DL.3 in the future.

Obviously though, we're all just speculating right now. As far as putting a media server in a moving projector, I am torn on if I like that or not. I can give a million reasons why each way is good.

High End has what seems to be a clear mission. They want a device that does all the work for you so that as an end client, you can just turn it on and use it without making tons of configurations.

Not everyone in the lighting industry has as much knowledge and expertise as us Catalyst Geeks.