Thread: S-video to composite

S-video to composite

Hi guys,

For a small setup i will need to output s-video from a ati graphics card. Probably the best solution would be to insert a kramer scaler or something like that but i was wondering if i could get away with an s-video to composite adaptor over a very short distance, then connected to an isolation distribution amp for carrying the bnc signal to the monitors (pal res)?

Thanks

s-video to composite should be no problem....adapters go for about $12-$20 at Radio Shack.......the bigger issue is how are you planning on getting S-video output?
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hi guys,

For a small setup i will need to output s-video from a ati graphics card. Probably the best solution would be to insert a kramer scaler or something like that but i was wondering if i could get away with an s-video to composite adaptor over a very short distance, then connected to an isolation distribution amp for carrying the bnc signal to the monitors (pal res)?

Thanks
    s-video or composite -use apple display adaptors. only 19$

The Apple DVI to Video Adapter was designed to allow Mac Pro (with ATI X1900 XT), MacBook Pro, Mac mini and Power Mac G5 users to connect the DVI port to an S-video or Composite video device such as TVs, VCRs or overhead projectors with S-Video or RCA (Composite) connectors. The Apple DVI to Video Adapter is designed to work with the DVI port on the Mac Pro (with ATI X1900 XT) MacBook Pro, Mac mini and Power Mac G5 systems only.

Use a separate DVI to VGA Adapter for VGA video out for Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, Mac mini or Power Mac G5 (included with all Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, Mac mini or Power Mac G5 systems or available for order as a standalone kit).

Important:
    Requires Mac Pro (with ATI X1900 XT), MacBook Pro, Mac mini or Power Mac G5 with DVI port.