Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
I am curious at your feedback. I've got three different venues that have been playing Audio off their Catalyst machines for years. Easily over 5000 separate instances of playback with audio and I've never heard of problems. (Granted I had a few bugs with V3.3 and older on the old G5 machines.)

Now I have done things in different cases. Sometimes it was literally the 1/8" mini phone jack connected to a stereo DI. Other times an external USB or Firewire Audio device. Most times using SDI audio.

Where have you seen problems occur most.
it works - its used a lot -

but because using audio playmodes - as i have said before - apple makes the movies prioritise audio - not video- so when you do this the video sometimes does not playback as smoothly as without audio. if the computer is doing too much - apple skips video frames.
this is a bigger problem with systems with only sata discs - and people using lots of layers at the same time.
hunting around for audio as well as video - and they are often on different parts of the discs - within the same movies- makes the rotational latency issues more critical.