Hello All

I have a show coming up that has a lot of video clips with audio, vox pops and interviews and such like. Some of the clips are quite long and i am worried about sync issues if i playback the audio and video from Catalyst, i have had problems in the past where they drift after a period of time.

So i am looking for suggestions as to a way to address this, either within catalyst or by using an external device for the audio playback. There will probably be a Q-Lab or SFX system used for other audio playback so the audio could be played back from those systems instead. But again we would still need to ensure that they stay in sync.

I had though of using MTC, but as this will be a cued show there will be no timeline to take the MTC from so i don't see how this could work. I guess i could create a separate cue list in Catalyst and set it to use the incoming MTC as it's clock source. But i still have to get that source from somewhere.

Would striping the audio to some kind of hard-disk playback unit that outputs the MTC and then triggering that from another cue list work?

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Garet