Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VGA to RF coax

I like Emiliano's idea.

Just make absolutely sure to put an isolated signal amp between the cable run and the adapter because the slightest little spike or any noise will fry your video card.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
    I like Emiliano's idea.

Just make absolutely sure to put an isolated signal amp between the cable run and the adapter because the slightest little spike or any noise will fry your video card.
    So something like the kramer vm-25, http://kramerelectronics.com/indexes...sp?name=VM-25?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So something like the kramer vm-25, http://kramerelectronics.com/indexes...sp?name=VM-25?
    Good choice. The 1021 is also fine. The point is to have a filtering device in the path. Even if you had a single TV you were driving. It's always good practice to use some sort of "gatekeeper."

Similar to the way you typically always have an opto-splitter at your stage rack for DMX.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...

So i would also get away with a kramer pt102vn?

Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
    What's the reason for that? Because i dont understand, my next question would be : is it the same for VGA? Now i connect graphics to splitter/booster and then to the projector.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Postma View Post
    I personally would try not go more than about 100'-150' or so with RF even though longer runs should be possible.
    And what about going 25m - booster - 25m?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    What's the reason for that? Because i dont understand, my next question would be : is it the same for VGA? Now i connect graphics to splitter/booster and then to the projector.
    Chances are you'll be fine but when you plug a string of video devices together, you run the risk of noise and feedback. Some noise is okay but even if you don't visual see it, there could be damage done to your video cards as they are more delicate than other components in the chain. The isolated splitter is a good idea to protect your gear the same way you would use a surge protector.

it's not necessary though.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...