Thread: Mapping a Midi Interface to Catalyst

Mapping a Midi Interface to Catalyst

Very sorry if this one has been covered before, but after some searching around i still can't find any answers!

I'm trying to user a Behringer BCF2000 to control playback in Catalyst. After a little experimenting i've managed to gain control of faders by assigning the faders on my box to a control change on channel 1 with a value of 81 for Layer one, 82 for layer 2 etc....

I understand from the very old HES support page that i should be able to get control of playback presets too?

Does anyone have a full list of controllable parameters and the midi config required to gain access to them ?

Many thanks

Rich

Hey Rich,

I'm actually sitting here myself with a BCF2000. If you don't load any profiles, stay in preset 1 on the BCF and the top buttons control presets from the Catalyst software. There are 16 buttons for the first 16 presets.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

how to access preset no 17 from the bcf2000?
    thanks!

This is frustrating the hell out of me at the moment. The little java based tool the Behringer has for editing the BCF and BCC SUCKS! One again proof that midi morons make the world a much more difficult place than it has to be.

I will feedback more as I learn it but I am figuring things out myself.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...

Many thanks for your replies.

I totally gave up on the java config tool for the BCF + BCR 2000 a long time ago. In my experience it seems to work slightly better on a windows box than on a mac (which makes absolutely no sense as its built on Java). But ultimately i've still yet to use it effectively to configure the console. I've had much more luck configuring each fader, rotator and button manually on the desk itself. Takes a little longer but actually works!

The first page of presets works well, i can't believe i missed that. Many thanks!

Rich

Yea, that clunky java thing doesn't do a damn thing.. I have tried many times with mine.. Gave up and have found myself just doing it manually... I got really good at doing it when I was setting it up to work with hog 2pc.. now if only HES got midi going on 3pc!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanww View Post
    I got really good at doing it when I was setting it up to work with hog 2pc.. now if only HES got midi going on 3pc!!
    Try using one of these to transpose MIDI Notes to MSC commands for Hog-3.

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Postma View Post
    Try using one of these to transpose MIDI Notes to MSC commands for Hog-3...
    Good suggestion Marty

Using Hog 3 to trigger MIDI in many more ways would have been really nice on quite a few things I've done in the past. Of course I'm also referring to the 1.x.x days. One of the things I hated about Hog 3 is no MIDI notes. Of course if it was real easy to trigger cues in Hog 3 without using a wing, less people would purchase them. I'm sure HES knows that though.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...