Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARD Problem?

ARD Problem?

Hi,

I have a problem with ARD. It seems the refresh doesnt work properly. I can control the macpro but dont see anything happening on the macbookpro. Any idees?

Macbook pro and mac pro both on 10.4.10 and ARD 3.2.1

Peter

Guys,

I urgently need help. Needs to be up and running by tomorrow!

THANKS!

some more info :

the problem is that i can control the macpro, the mouse is doing what's it supposed to do but on the control window from remote desktop on the macbook the mouse doesnt appear and i cant open any windows,... . Sometimes the mouse moves behind the control window but is still working on the macpro. Sometimes it works at startup, not a lot, and if it does when i move the colour scroller it stops working...

Now for the second time when i leave the macbook and the screensaver start and i press spacebar to acces remote desktop it works... and when i moved the colour scroller it does the same thing as described... But the 3th time i've tried that it didnt work.

if you have trouble with ard it's better to search at the apple dev forum. all updates since last october are optimized for leopard and bring up more and more trouble with tiger.

Mike,

Which version should i get for tiger and how can i deinstall ard 3.2.1 on both macs in a save way?

Thanks, i already looking in the forums but no luck so far...

you can try 10.4.11. this comes at the end of last year and fixed a lot of compatibily problems with new application, who are optimized for leopard.

i don't know what's the fast way to go back to ard 3.1. probably there is an uninstaller package, but i never used this. if you know what you have to do you can also do a reinstall or new install of osx. with a mimimum install it need's only 20 minutes on each to go back to 3.1.

7. Hi Guys,

I use ARD as well on my MAC pro's running Catalyst. They all run on 10.4.11 and with my macbook I can get hold of them always. No exceptions.

Maybe you have some options not enabled or disabled in the pref window for sharing, ARD settings.....

As I say. The configuration you mention works fine with me....

ARD 3.2.1 OS 10.4.11
    Fons Hogenes
    Improve
    Rotterdamseweg 270
    2628 AT DELFT
    Netherlands
    info@improve.nl

Got it working. All update to 10.4.11, but it seems that i needed to set ethernet configuration to automatic. Somehow the jumbo setting didnt work. I have no time to experiment for now but i will do in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Got it working. All update to 10.4.11, but it seems that i needed to set ethernet configuration to automatic. Somehow the jumbo setting didnt work. I have no time to experiment for now but i will do in the future.
    different equipment routers/switchers/computers may or may not be compatible with such a setting. what it does is increase the length of an ethernet packet.
    never recommended that this is used.

Due to circumstances i had to control catalyst-macpro from my macbook pro. Mostly text files and 1 mov 75% photojpeg 1024x768 and an overlaying text file. It worked quit well. I know that it's not the way but for this particular setup it worked.

The rest of the tour i'm controlling directly from cat's own cue list using the macpro.