Thread: Artnet Issues

Artnet Issues

Has anyone gotten a ELC dmXLAN node 4 to work with Catayst?

I haven't had any luck with the thing. It comes up as 'Media Server 91 -2.0.0.2' in the Artnet interface window in the Catalyst HUD, but it doesn't show up as usable input on the Catalyst control screen. I've set my input to 0-4 (Universe 4) on the node, but which is verified in the HUD, but not the Contol Screen.

Have'nt had experience of the ELC dmxlAN - but check out this post - it may help:

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richa...ght=ELC+dmXLAN

If you have the option, use either Artistic or Luminex units - both work with little issues.

S

Just to chime in, the Discussion Mr.P mentioned is a bit older, after this the ELC Guys released a firmware update which fixed the bug in Artnet talkin to Catalyst.

I got a Node 4 running with my small Catalyst without issues. Let me point out some things:
    Make sure the latest firmware is on the Node. The Firmware comes along with the Software which can be downloaded via elclighting.com. The older Firmware does not allow to put DMX into Catalyst, only out of it.

The appearing Node 91 seems familiar to me, as he still should show the correct IP. If so make sure, that your ins and outs are set properly in the Node.

And further on check your IP in the Mac itself. If you got 2 active Network Connections running the mac tends to use the Internet Connection as primary which will never be an Artnet IP.

And last on, I second the guess for Luminex, these items are really fantastic

Good luck

Rolf
    www.chaoscenter.net

Rolf,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where exactly I can find the firmware upgrade. I couldn't find it on their site and they haven't replied to any of my emails.

That's indead a good question.
    For being honest, I can't even remember how it was. There was the Special Firmware to download on the Website.

If I remember right ELC is a very small company so contacting the distributor in your country is often much faster than contacting them directly.

But, If you might have a look which firmware you're running I can check in my node if this is the latest one.

Best

Rolf
    www.chaoscenter.net

6. node 8

I just used a node 8 today, set ip address and it worked right out of box.

Randy