Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hog usb widget working as dmx in for cat ?

WOW! That's an expensive DMX interface. Of course the problem now is that you'd have to have another Widget just to send your DMX o the Widget that recieves DMX.

Why oh why didn't High End just adopt a donge solution...?
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Yea.. that would be nice.. and why oh why has HES not come out with artnet abilities with hog 3.. and even hog2pc..

Artnet is supposed to be coming soon for Hog 3, but for hog 2, I would safely assume there never will be an artnet option for it..
    They are not even going to support vista with it.

Joshua Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Woodj32177 View Post
    Artnet is supposed to be coming soon for Hog 3, but for hog 2, I would safely assume there never will be an artnet option for it..
    They are not even going to support vista with it.

Joshua Wood
    H2PC works just fine on Vista (H3PC does not), but H2 is essentially a dead platform at this point and there will be no further development.

The new RoadHog-Full Boar console has a port dedicated to ArtNet, pending a software release slated to come out this Spring apparently....I think that is when the H3 will get it as well.
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

I know.. at least the hog 2pc platform is very stable. Too bad hog 3 isn't there yet (pc and ipc anyway). I ran a show last week on the latest version of hog 3 on an ipc, and I have never felt like a console was going to crash and burn like that one.. That was scarry! the displays just twitch nonstop and the output window had weird problems where it wouldn't display stuff. I started using the day before and found the park bug and found out it was an old version and had to update it.

Ill believe the artnet when I see it.. I was originally 4th quarter last year.. It just seems like theres a lot of consoles out that work a lot better with all these features already in them..

Quote Originally Posted by ryanww View Post
    I know.. at least the hog 2pc platform is very stable. Too bad hog 3 isn't there yet (pc and ipc anyway).
    I have to disagree with you on the stability of the H3 software...I run it quite happily often across all the different desks. But I will say that of all the Hog consoles the iPC is definitely my least favorite...it is just to damn fragile (physically)...the RoadHogs and the regualr H3 are fairly rugged though...sounds like you just had an iPC that wasn't cared for properly.

Ill believe the artnet when I see it.. I was originally 4th quarter last year.. It just seems like theres a lot of consoles out that work a lot better with all these features already in them..
    Yes....ArtNet in H3 is long overdue for sure....but I do think it wise for FPS to be totally sure of a product at this point before releasing it.
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

My only experience has been with an iPC and 3pc. I can see large potential for the software.. I think maybe the processor in the iPC is slow which is why it sometimes has issues.. The 3pc version seems to run a little faster and more reliable since it is on a faster computer. The iPC I had was in great condition and very well cared for.

Out of curiosity, does the roadhog use a separate processor for the computing (like a dp2000) for the DMX outputs or is it like a super widget?

Ryan

Out of curiosity, does the roadhog use a separate processor for the computing (like a dp2000) for the DMX outputs or is it like a super widget?
    The RoadHog has an internal widget and is not expandable beyond 4 DMX universes.

The RoadHog-Full Boar also has an internal widget for the first 4 universes and can use up to 2 additional superwidgets, but also supports DP-2000s.

Hope this helps
    Best Regards,
    - Marty