Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Presentation Software Integration - Keynote

Quote Originally Posted by jasonrudolph View Post
    Off topic, but isn't 1080P PROGRESSIVE, vs 1080i, which is interlaced....
    Yes "P" would be progressive....looks like the author of that article made a typing error.
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

Quote Originally Posted by jasonrudolph View Post
    Off topic, but isn't 1080P PROGRESSIVE, vs 1080i, which is interlaced....
    its a little complex. as not many people do 1080p.
    most people do progressive using 1080i.
    my sony V1P does progressive using 1080i.

When we tried to get blackmagic cards, and zandar multiimage units to talk to each other last year.

they wouldnt because one needed 1080i, the other only did 1080p....
    so its a complex subject.

Hey Scott,

I've dealt with this quite a few times.

The first solution is capture the Keynote or Power Point through the Video input of catalyst. I do this with my Decklink HD card when I'm doing large edge blended screens and don't get anything but a laptop with a presentation.

The second solution is something similar to what Richard pointed out about creating a quicktime file. This is the method I prefer doing because I can put the whole thing on my laptop and create a quicktime movie at whatever size I want so that I don't loose resolution.

The secret is to count frames and create cues that stop the file at each point when the transition stops. Using a Hog 3, I'll build the main cue to Setup as an InFrame on one list. Then I create a second list with Play modes setup as follows:

Cuelist 2

01 Forward
    02 link --> 06
    03 InFrame 00000
    04 Pause
    05 Forward
    06 link --> 09
    07 InFrame 00000
    08 InFrame 00300
    09 Pause
    10 Forward
    11 link --> 15
    12 InFrame 00000
    13 InFrame 00300
    14 InFrame 00600
    15 Pause
    16 Forward
    17 link --> 21
    18 InFrame 00300
    19 InFrame 00600
    20 InFrame 00900
    21 Pause

As you can see, the inframes I set with 10 second offsets foe example. The link cues I create a wait time of 10 seconds which skips to the next pause.

Then using a MIDI trigger device, I have a remote with two commands, play and back. This way a user can play forward or skip backward for up to three slides (or more if I add them).

Literally, I can create a cuelist for 100 slides like this in less than 5 minutes.

I have never had a situation where it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by SvenCRen View Post
    Hello Richard,

One of the more interesting trends that has been happening lately in corporate presentations has been the migration from Power Point to Keynote which is a MAC application as you may know. So my question to you, is there a way we could port the output of keynote (on the same machine or even networked from a source machine) through the Catalyst application? I know this is probably much more complicated than it sounds but I can see some usefulness to this in brodening Catalyst's profile in future productions.

Thanks,
    Scott Riley
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

The secret is to count frames and create cues that stop the file at each point when the transition stops. Using a Hog 3, I'll build the main cue to Setup as an InFrame on one list. Then I create a second list with Play modes setup as follows:
    im going to try and create a playmode that does this automatically. ( when i get time )
    after peeking around it seems keynote does dump frame information for the slides into quicktime chapter tracks - as part of the movie export.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    im going to try and create a playmode that does this automatically. ( when i get time )
    after peeking around it seems keynote does dump frame information for the slides into quicktime chapter tracks - as part of the movie export.
    Oh WOW! I'm excited. Granted, my work-around works but it's a pain in the ass and not something I can easily teach to many of the clients I work with for permanent installs.

A playmode that jumps to chapter indexes would be pretty damned cool.
    The only issue I could think of is that I would still have to create a MIDI interface for a trigger device to give to a speaker.

I know this might sound ambitious Richard but since Catalyst can manage Serial and MIDI out so well, what about deriving an interface tool that allows one of the many standard USB presentation devices to trigger forward and reverse steps by chapter when the programmer assigns "Presentation Playback mode."
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised