Hey Scott,

I've dealt with this quite a few times.

The first solution is capture the Keynote or Power Point through the Video input of catalyst. I do this with my Decklink HD card when I'm doing large edge blended screens and don't get anything but a laptop with a presentation.

The second solution is something similar to what Richard pointed out about creating a quicktime file. This is the method I prefer doing because I can put the whole thing on my laptop and create a quicktime movie at whatever size I want so that I don't loose resolution.

The secret is to count frames and create cues that stop the file at each point when the transition stops. Using a Hog 3, I'll build the main cue to Setup as an InFrame on one list. Then I create a second list with Play modes setup as follows:

Cuelist 2

01 Forward
02 link --> 06
03 InFrame 00000
04 Pause
05 Forward
06 link --> 09
07 InFrame 00000
08 InFrame 00300
09 Pause
10 Forward
11 link --> 15
12 InFrame 00000
13 InFrame 00300
14 InFrame 00600
15 Pause
16 Forward
17 link --> 21
18 InFrame 00300
19 InFrame 00600
20 InFrame 00900
21 Pause

As you can see, the inframes I set with 10 second offsets foe example. The link cues I create a wait time of 10 seconds which skips to the next pause.

Then using a MIDI trigger device, I have a remote with two commands, play and back. This way a user can play forward or skip backward for up to three slides (or more if I add them).

Literally, I can create a cuelist for 100 slides like this in less than 5 minutes.

I have never had a situation where it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by SvenCRen View Post
Hello Richard,

One of the more interesting trends that has been happening lately in corporate presentations has been the migration from Power Point to Keynote which is a MAC application as you may know. So my question to you, is there a way we could port the output of keynote (on the same machine or even networked from a source machine) through the Catalyst application? I know this is probably much more complicated than it sounds but I can see some usefulness to this in brodening Catalyst's profile in future productions.

Thanks,
Scott Riley