Thread: FX sdk

FX sdk

Hi Richard,
    I remember being told about an sdk for visual fx, and having added some custom models, I noticed the sdk.bundle in the app folder.
    Is this any closer to release? If ever!?
    I've done some shader programming on pc, and I've now started doing some glsl, I'd love to be able to use some of these for fx, theres some quite interesting things you can do with the objects loader, TBH I'd quite like some more object loader slots too!
    It seem that textures are set to clamp for the objects, is this the case or is the obj files I'm creating are wrong? Repeat and mirror would be nice additions, as well as the fx parameters being hooked up....
    Anyway, I look forward to hearing your answer!

Cheers

Cat

there is one - i never quite got around to finishing a public release.
    some fx have written using this-

---

textures are clamped - are you trying to use texture coordinates greater than 1.0?

---

opengl moves really fast- and i try to use the minimum feature set possible - this is because it takes a long long time for new features to become stable - especially across the variety of hardware platforms - and ensures some kindof backwards compatibility.
    one has to program safely not with a gung ho attitude.

I was just experimenting with obj's so tried to set tiling and the like, thought it might be nice to be able to transform texture coordinates etc ( those params just arent used for objects at the mo...)
    I'm not looking at cutting edge GL, Im not that fast yet! But I can see some useful FX with fairly simple glsl, texture fx and the like, I've got quite used to creating my own fx in HLSL, and just started messing with GLSL, be a good excuse to translate some!
    Let me know if you ever release the sdk and I'll have a tinker....
    If I get any killer glsl fx in the meantime I'll let you know...

cat

By the way do you know about freeframe2 currently being devolped?
    http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...ewmonth=200801

Its an opengl implimetation this time rather than cpu based, whether it usuable for you I dont know, but would be an nice addition!

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    I was just experimenting with obj's so tried to set tiling and the like, thought it might be nice to be able to transform texture coordinates etc ( those params just arent used for objects at the mo...)
    I'm not looking at cutting edge GL, Im not that fast yet! But I can see some useful FX with fairly simple glsl, texture fx and the like, I've got quite used to creating my own fx in HLSL, and just started messing with GLSL, be a good excuse to translate some!
    Let me know if you ever release the sdk and I'll have a tinker....
    If I get any killer glsl fx in the meantime I'll let you know...

cat
    do you have the opengl superbible?

By the way do you know about freeframe2 currently being devolped?
    http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...ewmonth=200801

Its an opengl implimetation this time rather than cpu based, whether it usuable for you I dont know, but would be an nice addition!
    the last version was not much use to me.
    im all opengl.

the crop fx were all written using the sdk.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    do you have the opengl superbible?
    No but I'll check that out, I picked up a reference manual, but its more of a list of every GL function, be more useful later than now, its a little dry....

No but I'll check that out, I picked up a reference manual, but its more of a list of every GL function, be more useful later than now, its a little dry....
    the superbible is best- and the way they write their examples fits in very well with how i do things.