Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: changing preset intensity by dmx

changing preset intensity by dmx

Would it be possible to map a dmx channel just to the intensity on a layer..

Sometimes when i runs show there is just a few cues... I would like to be able to make the presets in catalyst before show and just let the LD control the intensity og the layer..

Regards

Thomas

Just use preset trigger 1-1ch in the catalyst control window. There's an offset of 5 channesl i think.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasrotten View Post

Sometimes when i runs show there is just a few cues... I would like to be able to make the presets in catalyst before show and just let the LD control the intensity og the layer..

Regards

Thomas
    how about using a behringer bcf 2000?

http://www.behringer.com/BCF2000/index.cfm

Or a mackie controller?

http://www.mackie.com/products/mcupro/index.html

the faders map to intensity on layers. ( or they did when i last checked )

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Just use preset trigger 1-1ch in the catalyst control window. There's an offset of 5 channesl i think.
    they want to control the intensity live - this doesnt do that...

Quote Originally Posted by thomasrotten View Post

Regards

Thomas
    What Consolle are you using and what consolle the LD use ?

But cant you make a preset in cat with start playing with intensity>0, assign the preset to a dmx channel trigger, save it under a memory on the lighting desk and assign that to a submaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    But cant you make a preset in cat with start playing with intensity>0, assign the preset to a dmx channel trigger, save it under a memory on the lighting desk and assign that to a submaster?
    in you don't have live control of it . This way you only trigger with out live control .

Also you do this for all layers or for one layer or for two ?

it doesn't workout .

Ah, i understand, sorry for that but wouldnt it be easier if the preset trigger understands intensity? Then all of this could be done from the lighting desk faders and one wouldnt need an external box.

Or another way would to program cat on the lighting desk and use submasters to control intensity.

what i believe is being asked here - is -

when in preset mode ( not running cues from DMX ) - is there a way to control JUST the intensity from a lighting console fader?

And there isnt - it would be hard for me to do this-

It would need a single channel fixture.

---

Such a thing is possible with the 200$ Behringer BCF 2000 - flying fader midi controller.

You can control the intensity using the faders on this - and the best thing is that the flying faders are in sync with the intensity values that might be stored in any preset.