OK, lots of stuff to think about. Thanks. However, nobody has answered the question about the usefulness of SDI/HD-SDI with Catalyst. Is it possible and/ or desirable to output SDI from Catalyst in a theatre environment? Is the quality better/worse than DVI via RGBHV and Triple Head-2-Go?

Also, can HD-SDI be transmitted over the same cable as SDI? From what Richard says above, it sounds like HD-SDI will require a different cable and won't transmit nearly as far.

Sounds like fibre is my best option. Any drawbacks to permanently installed fibre that I should know about? Is the cost of the DVI to fibre codecs significantly more expensive than RGBHV DAs?

Just heard back that they are now proposing a RGBHV network and also pulling some fibre to a few key points, similar to what is happening with the Sound install. I'm just wondering if we need RGBHV at all now. Esp considering the manual patch bay will be RGBHV. Why not just make a fibre patch bay and be done with it? Or, if we can afford it, a digital fibre switching matrix.

Thanks again,