Thread: midi note triggers

midi note triggers

This maybe a little low tech for some of you, but it would help me if anybody had some advice and on what may or may not be happening here:
    I got the midi triggering of presets and samsc timeline triggering over the "MIDI TRIGGERS 1" panel working after setting it to "multiple trigger". Not sure what that means, but it works.
    However I cannot make the triggering of presets work via the "MIDI CONTROLLER 1" panel.
    It worked once or twice, when I connected a midi keyboard directly to the midi sport interface, but it's fairly random and I cannot figure out what makes it work.
    The little window in the corner (which indicates the received note and respective channel) shows the right notes being received, but nothing is triggered.
    Does the note need to have a certain velocity or does the duration of "midi note on"/ "midi note off" need to be of a certain lenghth.
    Do the presets have to be in a certain mode to work or does the samsc timeline need to be in a certain state.
    so many questions...

Thanks, Sven

PS.: No, I cannot use midi show control.

This maybe a little low tech for some of you, but it would help me if anybody had some advice and on what may or may not be happening here:
    I got the midi triggering of presets and samsc timeline triggering over the "MIDI TRIGGERS 1" panel working after setting it to "multiple trigger". Not sure what that means, but it works.
    However I cannot make the triggering of presets work via the "MIDI CONTROLLER 1" panel.
    It worked once or twice, when I connected a midi keyboard directly to the midi sport interface, but it's fairly random and I cannot figure out what makes it work.
    The little window in the corner (which indicates the received note and respective channel) shows the right notes being received, but nothing is triggered.
    Does the note need to have a certain velocity or does the duration of "midi note on"/ "midi note off" need to be of a certain lenghth.
    Do the presets have to be in a certain mode to work or does the samsc timeline need to be in a certain state.
    so many questions...
    we got this to work.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    we got this to work.

Is there a standard way to set up a midi device with Catalyst (to use to fire presets) or does it depend on the device?

I have a Korg Nano Pad which I've been trying to link with Catalyst but cannot get it right. I'm focusing on the 'Midi Triggers 1' panel and can select the Korg device as the input, but I cannot see any reaction in Catalyst when striking the pads. This isn't for a show, I'm just practicing/experimenting.

Thanks

Use the Midi Controller 1/2/3 - this is the easiest way of getting Midi Note On stuff to work with Catalyst. Just select the range that you want to use (C0 = preset number range).

Hugh

Thanks Hugh, will give that a whirl....