Thread: Catalyst v4.1 m165

Hybrid View

To be honest - I hadnt realised that it wasnt included... All my macs have iLife or iWork and QT Pro anyway.

The Mac in question wasnt one of mine, and as usual I had to get it working! - 'As needs must...'

Have to admit - the apple site is a bit vague on AI codec - it does offer some download options, but doesnt explain about purchasing requirements - Searching the downloads on the apple site was my first port of call... before I realised that I could simply copy the extension.

Point taken about installation method - but I couldnt see anything else that was installed with it in the downloaded package either - and it seemed to work ok..

S

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_P View Post
    Have to admit - the apple site is a bit vague on AI codec - it does offer some download options, but doesnt explain about purchasing requirements - Searching the downloads on the apple site was my first port of call... before I realised that I could simply copy the extension.
    S
    apple is very vague about this codec. it was initially used to trancode hdv ( high defintion dv type cameras ) footage when digitising in early versions of final cut and imovie- so its a high quality codec.

i only discovered it worked well from a comment posted on a unrelated video capturing forum.
    someone posted "we capture with aic because it works the best we tested".