Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst v4.1 m165

Catalyst v4.1 m165

Convert files and folders from files HUD.

CatalystPM4.10_m167UB_HD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just from curiosity, does this work if you don´t have QuickTime Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by ping141 View Post
    Just from curiosity, does this work if you don´t have QuickTime Pro?
    you dont need quicktime pro?

are you having a problem?

Not at all. Just wondering...

But speaking of QT, I installed a new system with 10.4.11 and QT 7.3.1 (as it was the only one which would play Quartz files), but Apple Intermediate Codec was not there, the movies went white. I can download or copy the codec, but the machine was not online at the time. But still, odd that the codec was not installed with the rest.

I had a similar problem with a brand new mac with leopard and a new install of QT7.3.1 - AI files were not playing and were white.

It seemed like the AI codec was not installed, despite using the installer and codec UG installer. Eventually, I had to find the extention buried in 'Libary/quicktime/AppleIntermediateCodec.component' and copy it the the new mac - restarted quicktime and it worked....

I havent had any isses with slightly older macs (6months) - its was a brand new one in December with leopard pre-installed that had the issue ...

S

6. The AI codec is not supplied as standard with OSX, you have to have one of the Apple video products installed to use it. Buying iLife08 with iMovieHD is the cheapest option at around £50

Nev.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_P View Post
    I had a similar problem with a brand new mac with leopard and a new install of QT7.3.1 - AI files were not playing and were white.

It seemed like the AI codec was not installed, despite using the installer and codec UG installer. Eventually, I had to find the extention buried in 'Libary/quicktime/AppleIntermediateCodec.component' and copy it the the new mac - restarted quicktime and it worked....

I havent had any isses with slightly older macs (6months) - its was a brand new one in December with leopard pre-installed that had the issue ...

S
    leopard has poor performance on machines i have tested so far-
    about 50% slower than tiger per layer.
    really quite poor- dual booting on same machine with different os.
    still trying to figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by ping141 View Post
    Not at all. Just wondering...

But speaking of QT, I installed a new system with 10.4.11 and QT 7.3.1 (as it was the only one which would play Quartz files), but Apple Intermediate Codec was not there, the movies went white. I can download or copy the codec, but the machine was not online at the time. But still, odd that the codec was not installed with the rest.
    aic is installed with iMovieHD - its not there by default.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    leopard has poor performance on machines i have tested so far-
    about 50% slower than tiger per layer.
    really quite poor- dual booting on same machine with different os.
    still trying to figure out why.
    I got lucky, bought a machine at the end of December. It came with Tiger and they gave me a Leopard upgrade disk. I asked why, they said "some people still like Tiger." I asked a support person I know at Apple, he said "I am getting tired of people whining about Leopard's performance." Apparently he's gotten nothing but complaints from power users since Leo's inception.

I created a Dual boot but I gotta tell ya, I am happy I still have Tiger install disks.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
    I got lucky, bought a machine at the end of December. It came with Tiger and they gave me a Leopard upgrade disk. I asked why, they said "some people still like Tiger." I asked a support person I know at Apple, he said "I am getting tired of people whining about Leopard's performance." Apparently he's gotten nothing but complaints from power users since Leo's inception.

I created a Dual boot but I gotta tell ya, I am happy I still have Tiger install disks.
    leopard has really poor performance on the machines i upgraded to test-

Update - This is mostly fixed by 10.5.2
    lets put it like this- right now - my 8 core Intel in 10.5.1 is about the same as my dual g5 in 10.4.11 - in terms of layers of playback in catalyst.