Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New manual

i dont know. you will have to ask someone at highend.

2. Angry Manual for V3.3 server

I was messing around with MTC to sync movies on the V3.3 server... I couldn't get it to work properly. I checked and rechecked the value of DMX for the MTC playback mode twice, in an old manual and the manual which is on the web....

I couldn't get it to work.

Finally I decided to download a hog disk from the HighEnd website with the cat v3.3 personality on it.... Voila....

In this LIB file the value for MTC and Deck sync is set to 20 and 21 etc... and NOT the 100 and 101 which is descriped in the manuals!!!!!

Doesnt make a lot of sense does it!!!!

Any way.. it works now... but it might be a good idea to change the manual????

And how does it then work when you want to sync to MTC +1hr...?????
    Fons Hogenes
    Improve
    Rotterdamseweg 270
    2628 AT DELFT
    Netherlands
    info@improve.nl

i dont write the manuals.
    i dont get a chance to check them either.

i make the software as self-documenting as i can.
    then highend gets to do whatever.

---

you dont need to access + 1hr or any other hour offset with mtc.
    hours are just ignored.
    you can use positive and negative offsets from this using the in and out points.

the maximum length of movie you can have is around 43 minutes because of the limitations of 16 bit dmx.

4. Is it then so that the offset with in/outframe is in frames, so with 25 fps we have to calculate for 1 minute, 1500 frames...

But what if I have a kind of preshow, before a movie starts. I like the movie to start at 1hr, 0min,0sec.... and before that, at 55min,20sec orso i want to start a few clips and other things.....

Does Catalyst handles this automaticaly in the right way then, since you say that movie length is limited to around 43 minutes.....??????
    Fons Hogenes
    Improve
    Rotterdamseweg 270
    2628 AT DELFT
    Netherlands
    info@improve.nl

i intended that if you needed 55 minutes for the time code you use a negative offset of 5 minutes - 7500 frames.

I havent tested this recently.
    It may or may not have issues.

----

'Catalyst' or quicktime is not limited to 43 minutes --- 16 bit dmx can only represent up to 65535 frames which is around 43 minutes - less at 30 fps.

6. OK...

I will try this and see what happens....

I might come back to you in some time for additional info....

Maybe you will be at PLASA?? We will be there on monday and tuesday....
    Fons Hogenes
    Improve
    Rotterdamseweg 270
    2628 AT DELFT
    Netherlands
    info@improve.nl

please check. its a very obscure but sometimes important function which not many people ever get to check.

---

plasa? maybe