Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lighting desk

Hybrid View

do you remember the Status Cue ?

What I wish it's a Strong Software and a flexible control surface .

Quote Originally Posted by emilianomorgia View Post
    do you remember the Status Cue ?

What I wish it's a Strong Software and a flexible control surface .

Oh GOD! I freaking hate that old desk. No multipart fades and no FX generator.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
    Oh GOD! I freaking hate that old desk. No multipart fades and no FX generator.
    Sure ! 10 or more years ago !!!!

but what was that ? an external CPU with a control surface .

I can only second Hugh´s view on things:

The Hog2 is still a great console for live media server control.

Complex timing is easily programmed and I can change the library as I need it. For example I like to sepearte parameters to Focus and Beam (Xpos, Ypos, Rotation, Scale, Aspectratio are Focus (or Position) parameters for me).
    That makes masking the things I need much more easy.

But the Hog2 are loosing their shape on the hardware side. I often find Grandmasters that will no longer output full 100% - and that is a pain in the a.. when your layers get transparent if you don´t want them to. There also is the "stuck choose button" issue that can drive you crazy...

Hog3 is a good replacement for Hog2. The Programmer is more powerful - especially aplying timing is faster than on any other console.
    But there are still some bugs with updating a cuelist that is live on stage - so you need to be careful.

The MA is a good console but it is not my way of programming a show. Complex timing gets you selecting single cells in spreadsheets and a lot of wheel turning and clicking...
    Olli
    ------
    Oliver Ranft, Aachen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_P View Post
    Vista is at least 3 years old and has gone through huge continual development (including hardware for PC based systems!)
    Vista is a pain in the ass. I can't begin to tell you how slow it is in comparison to a H3, Maxxyz, Vector, or MA. It's all about shortcuts, key combination, and command lines that speed up programming for me.

Even though I love the idea of timeline programming, vista is still slower for me to program complex cues and timeline elements very fast. But I just know tricks most users still haven't learned yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_P View Post
    I can't accept that you think a software only version of any lighting desk is a substitute for the real thing. In some cases, it may be a budget alternative for simple installs or learning - but never a real alternative on a live gig.
    On the contrary. I don't like software only control but there are some things that Sunlite and Light Jockey can do quickly that don't require hardware.

Check out Nicolaudie and look at Sunlite. It is a relatively fast software based programmer and you can write your own custom libraries. And for under $1,000 USD, it's pretty damned capable.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised