Quote Originally Posted by FinnRoss View Post
...Highend very unhelpful with new fixtures for Hog 3...
I don't think I would argue this. To a point, I agree.

...To do DMX Matrix they suggested patching 16 individual fixtures instead of just one, with 16 attributes...
A big downfall from Hog to MA is the matrix feature. However, I have dozens of templates for offsets and time values in my hog shows and literally hundreds of hours worth of editor programming already done.

I could perhaps duplicate the templates in MA but the editor on the hog3 is just faster for me.

...plus has a built in UPS...
Actually, Hog3 has a UPS built in as well. Sadly though if the computer locks up in the Hog to the point you need to cold start it, it can be a pain to wait the 2 minutes it takes for the UPS battery to discharge before the hog will shut off to be rebooted.

...and doesn't fall over all the time...
What do you mean by "fall over?"

If you are referring to crashing then I will tell you that the rate at which I program, I crash both desks just as often.

...If you find a problem they fix it quick...
There is a bit of a difference in the business model and the cost of the desks determine the amount each company is willing to commit to support. Obviously MA support is going to be better in this regard.

...Highend just insist you are doing something worng...
...MA are very helpful and nice people....
This may be related to the specific people supporting. I happen to know some of the tech support people at HighEnd and the ones I'm friends with are pretty easy to deal with.

...Highend are just rude...
I've noticed this a few times but I haven't ever had as great a need to bug the MA support staff since I typically spec Hog3s.

...It may cost a little more but it works a whole lot better, especially with large shows...
The cost is proportionate I believe but there are still things I can do on a Hog that I can't do as fast on an MA.