Quote Originally Posted by Spam Butterfly View Post
If you want Hog III libraries written, you need to talk to Hog III librarian. He is usually pretty quick.
Yes, he will actually turn one out in about 24 hours if you ask.

I find the Hogs more ergonomic and the syntax is more elegant than the Grand MA.
It's only when you add two external touch monitors does it become cumbersome but still easier to single hand program than an MA.

Personally, I still program most of my shows on a Hog 2 OS system - preferably a Hog 2...It's a better media server programming platform than the 3...
I personally have always hated the Hog2 and actually fought against someone providing it on shows I was programming. I would pick a Virt, Spark, Pearl, or Diamond back in the days before Hog3.

I even opposed the Hog3 until I discovered the EDITOR.

Honestly, the editor in hog3 is the only reason I love it over any other desk. I believe it is that editor that makes the hog3 far superior to any other desk including and especially hog2.

...Hog2...It's simple to write you're own libraries for it too. There are still a few tricks that only the Hog 2 can do...
I design custom automation devices and the only other desks besides hog2 that are fast and reliable for users writing reliable libraries are AVO desks which I don't mind but don't offer the complexity I desire.

the fades are predicable, and the DMX does what you program. The Hog III still has rounding issues between real world values and DMX.
Being a hog3 expert and knowing all about these little bugs, I will agree with you completely.