Thread: Continous Artnet streaming...

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    were you displaying still images?
    I had the biggest problems when flashing layers with still images. So there was really only one Artnet package sent and that might have been lost...

Maybe it is not necessary to have a continous stream but at least a defined number of repeats before stopping...

Could make life easy as you not always in a position to specify what make of nodes will be provided for your system...

By the way Catalyst is the only media server that does reliably play 25 fps on Artnet installation +20 Universes. I tested some other systems - and was not satisfied at all...

Cheers,

Olli
    Olli
    ------
    Oliver Ranft, Aachen, Germany

I start to agree that a continous stream when not necessary won´t help anyone...
    But what about a selectable number of repeats of the last change before stopping to transmit a universe?

I worked with Enttec Datagate and had to see that these units didn´t work good with Pixelmad as well...

The problem is that I am in charge of specifying Catalyst equipment but when it comes to ArtNet node the lighting company will supply whatever they have in stock - and they will say Catalyst is the problem because our nodes work fine with Hippo and grandMAvideo...

It is then a really hard point to tell someone that the problem is in their nodes and not in my server...
    Olli
    ------
    Oliver Ranft, Aachen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by OlliR View Post
    I start to agree that a continous stream when not necessary won´t help anyone...
    But what about a selectable number of repeats of the last change before stopping to transmit a universe?

I worked with Enttec Datagate and had to see that these units didn´t work good with Pixelmad as well...

The problem is that I am in charge of specifying Catalyst equipment but when it comes to ArtNet node the lighting company will supply whatever they have in stock - and they will say Catalyst is the problem because our nodes work fine with Hippo and grandMAvideo...

It is then a really hard point to tell someone that the problem is in their nodes and not in my server...
    Did you use routable artnet direct to the ip address of the boxes?

--

Its really really not me- if the units dont work.

They are probably overloaded and dropping data - then they blame me.
    Im trying not to overload them even more by only transmitting when it doesnt change.