Quote Originally Posted by enttec View Post
That's one of the main problems with DMX over Ethernet systems such as Artnet. It's UDP, so packets can get lost and if they do it can have devastating visual effects as we all know. Murphy's law does say it will lose the off packet patched right in the middle of your screen

I think that continuous unicast would be the best solution, I can tell you that the datagate can definitely handle 25fps unicast for all 8 ports.

Thanks

Nicolas
www.enttec.com
thanks nicolas.

please try to test with continuous data up to 30fps across all 8 - thats what the americans use.
people do use this to playback video across huge backdrops on tv shows - and its vital that nothing ever drops a frame - really vital-
thats why im baffled by the frame drop thing- this stuff almost always gets used at peak load. hammered.

the test you need to make with your boxes is this - strobe flash black and white at maximum speed with no glitching - ever.

This is how i benchmark these systems - if they cant handle this -they simply arent good enough.
Have to be able to handle black white strobing with no glitching and no latency.

its comes across as a huge glitch on shows - you dont want section of a backdrop ever go missing.
I did some tv shows last year with 100m of backdrop- and it all needs to work.

on the size and scale that this stuff is visible - nothing should ever drop anything.

i have never seen udp packet loss as an issue

richard