Quote Originally Posted by emilianomorgia View Post
in my opinion Catalyst Rack don't need to be a workstation
A small self contained rack (with TH2G) can sit on the des in my office or in a hotel room along with my Hog PC. However, you're point is legitimate.

if are thinking to do some investment it's to buy a little Mac Book
Got one, do use it. In fact, have considered a programmable DMX router so I can switch the macbook DMX fast to each Catalyst in the rig.

by not using the monitor you save money for the video distributors .
By not using monitors, I eliminate a failure point in the line by using distributors. Very good point.

Also think any monitor you are going to buy have a specific size...If you build the flight case around the monitor...in half year time you will be not able to found same monitor size
Marshall makes Rack Mount LCD monitors that will receive DVI and VGA. They have 2 screen and three screen models. The range from $2000 to $3000 USD each. In a year or two there will be different models but the rack footprint and profile will not change.

Yes these are freakin expensive but it would be a turnkey rack that is instantly available.

My philosophy is: If I can save a client can save a potential $10,000 per day expense because I have technology that can setup and program faster as well as program off site, then it means I have become more valuable and therefore can reap higher profitability.