Thread: Artnet Problem

Artnet Problem

I am running 4 Catalysts. The set up is 2 active and 2 spares all running live during shows. Ideally I'd like to be running all my machines via artnet, but none of them are seeing DMX through the set up. I now have my active machines on CIBs and I'm just hoping not to see anything drop out.

The set up is currently DMX into the CIBs, out into a Martin Ether2DMX box, out into an ethernet router and all machines running into the router. My IPs and subnet masks are correct. I'm seeing the boxes and all the other machines on the network, I've patched the catalysts correctly and the artnet is selected in the Catalyst window. But still no DMX signal

Any Ideas?

thanks

John

what IP and subnet are you using? what universes are you using?

please send screen capture of DMX artnet HUD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are you using g5's or intels?.
    Watch out if you are using the 'other' network port on the intel - especially if it had a non-artnet ip address. if not in use - turn it off. I have issues with multiple network cards and artnet/catalyst constantly...

IP address range = 2.0.0.x or 10.0.0.x. You mention that you are using a 'router' - is is actually a router or a switch or hub? if your DMX to artnet hardware is connected to 1 side of a rouer, it is possible that the network ip range is being blocked 2.0.0.x is routable 10.0.0.x is NOT.

What are your network setings, dmx patch...

Simon

Here are my screen grabs

still nothing going

thanks

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

John
    Artnet partch is indeed correct. Since all the other 3 catalysts are visible on the network, then I can assume that the ethernet switch/router is ok too.

The only query I have is - what is the 'Media Server (180) 2.0.0.2' ? is this your Martin dmx-Artnet interface?

If not - then you have a potential artnet clash on universe 9 with a different device - if this device produces artnet. - Change the artnet settings or patch catalyst elsewhere 12+.

If it is your dmx-artnet interface, then fine - but you may want to check its settings to ensure that it is actually converting DMX to artnet.

Check to see if you get communication between the catalyst servers - send a netwerk remote command (if enabled) this will confirm communication. If this works - then the problem points to the DMX-artnet box

Let me know

Simon

You are using artnet universe 9? From the artnet device at 2.0.0.2

to drive the catalyst you show here?

which artnet interface box is this?

How is it configured?