Thread: PixelMad Crash - HELP!!!

PixelMad Crash - HELP!!!

I recently switched my software out of full screen mode and locked up the computer it was running on. I restarted the machine after a few minutes and found that when I launched the program, the text that was usually found in the "Output 1" window (The 'A' and 'S' key commands) was missing. (Please see attached photo "pixelmad_blackscreen.jpg") When I attempted to go into full screen mode I got nothing but a black screen.

I am currently running version 2.1_f63_UB.

Is there any way to update my version without wiping out all of my settings and mappings?

We are using this software to run LED fixtures on the exterior of two buildings in Dallas, and we need to get back online ASAP.

Thank you for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PixelMad_blackscreen.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	373  

All the config settings for pixelmad are stored in a number of files in the pixelmad application folder (where the main executable file is)

pixelmad intel_settings.xml (or pixelmad PPC_settings)
    ColoutPresets.xml
    CatalystPresets.xml
    PixelMAD Fixtures.txt

The application saves these files every time you quit. SO, as long as you had restarted the application at some point - these files will get you back to your last restart.

If you had no presets or colour presets - dont bother with these files - the 2 key files are: 'pixelmad intel_settings.xml ' and 'PixelMAD Fixtures.txt'

PixelMAD Fixtures.txt will only exist if you saved your pixel map - else, you may have to import it again, or start from scratch....

From the file names - hopefully its obvious what each file contains.
    If you copy the files in to a new directory with your updated PixelMAD version, the settings should be restored.

If your current version does not work for you , try the newer version on the web: V2.2_f82_UB

As for the lack of text in the minimised window, im unsure of the reason. Sometimes it happens when the screen is forced to full at startup (as set in preferences) and there is no 2nd screen present - check your connections...

What were the circumstances prior to crash?

Do let me know if you manage to get your settings back

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryTech View Post
    I recently switched my software out of full screen mode and locked up the computer it was running on. I restarted the machine after a few minutes and found that when I launched the program, the text that was usually found in the "Output 1" window (The 'A' and 'S' key commands) was missing. (Please see attached photo "pixelmad_blackscreen.jpg") When I attempted to go into full screen mode I got nothing but a black screen.

I am currently running version 2.1_f63_UB.

Is there any way to update my version without wiping out all of my settings and mappings?

We are using this software to run LED fixtures on the exterior of two buildings in Dallas, and we need to get back online ASAP.

Thank you for your help.
    switching out of full screen would not cause a crash.
    there used to be a problem with cue lists that overwrote the 'a' and 's' keys.

Did you 'save a show'? and create a show file?

I found the problem. Although we can't find the source of the crash, the black screen has been dealt with. Someone turned off the HUD. If I had been more familiar with PM I would have caught it.

Thanks for your help and patience. This program has been a huge asset to our project.

the hud needs to be on in pixelmad mode. thats the 'q' and 'w' keys.

thank you too.

do you have any pictures of your project?

richard