Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 x 1024x768 with triple head and quaddro fx?

Thanks for the comments!
    My customer decided to buy a ATI X1900 has saw no big advantage in buying the Nvidea4500 which is much more expensive.

He also decided to buy 2 x TH2G digital edition.
    It is nice that you can swap the triple head functionality to dual head.
    The newest version can output 75Hz in 3072x768 mode.

Andre

Quote Originally Posted by AndreK View Post
    Thanks for the comments!
    My customer decided to buy a ATI X1900 has saw no big advantage in buying the Nvidea4500 which is much more expensive.

He also decided to buy 2 x TH2G digital edition.
    It is nice that you can swap the triple head functionality to dual head.
    The newest version can output 75Hz in 3072x768 mode.

Andre
    mac news sites that compared raw graphics performance saw no advantage to the 4500 over x1900. i have not tested them.
    there is a big difference between the 7300 and the x1900- the x1900 is much better. ( i just upgraded a theatre show from a 7300 to an x1900 - with a vast improvement )

just because it says the newest triple head will do 75hz at 3072x768- does not mean it will work. you will have to test it for yourself.
    and i would not ever recommend that anyone does this on pre-intel machines - they are just not powerful enough.

there is also the vqs-01 which i have been told has been used successfully on shows in london
    http://www.datapath.co.uk/vqs01.htm

this has 4 outputs.

Now I see why we have 8 mixes at hand...

The vqs-01 seems to works fine. We used it one a TV show a few weeks ago - not directly connected to the Catalyst but the signal going via SDI to the OB unit and back via SDI to the vqs-01 and the four projectors (they wanted to have live camera feed on the projection as well - so the Catalyst output was keyed in from the OB)

At that time I thought the vqs-01 was a good alternative to the TH2G - though it might be a bit more expensive.
    Having a look at the available input resolution I am really missing the 4 x 1024x768 at 50Hz - that would be the one to have as XGA is still the standard resolution of most projectors - it might work with 25Hz when genlocked though.

When I get my hands on the vqs-01 next time I will try to do some testings...
    Olli
    ------
    Oliver Ranft, Aachen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by OlliR View Post
    Now I see why we have 8 mixes at hand...

The vqs-01 seems to works fine. .

yes it might be possible to use 2 of them- there isnt anything in the software to prevent this - it will depend on the graphics card.

i havent tested them myself yet.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    yes it might be possible to use 2 of them- there isnt anything in the software to prevent this - it will depend on the graphics card.
    Maximun Texture Resolution still 4096x2048 .

two of those could virtually ( no one tested yet ) give us a huge canvas like 8192 px X 768 px

this does not mean it will be possible to run a movie or a picture that big ( yet )

Quote Originally Posted by emilianomorgia View Post
    Maximun Texture Resolution still 4096x2048 .

two of those could virtually ( no one tested yet ) give us a huge canvas like 8192 px X 768 px

this does not mean it will be possible to run a movie or a picture that big ( yet )
    i managed to playback a movie at 4096x2048 @ 30fps using mtron and apple intermediate codec

i managed to playback a movie at 4096x2048 @ 30fps using mtron and apple intermediate codec

how many 4096x768 @Xfps does the mtron play ?

Quote Originally Posted by emilianomorgia View Post
    how many 4096x768 @Xfps does the mtron play ?
    probably 1 or nearly 2

probably 1 or nearly 2
    try yourself - using normal disc

there is also the vqs-01 which i have been told has been used successfully on shows in london
    http://www.datapath.co.uk/vqs01.htm

this has 4 outputs.
    I'll try to get one of these for testing. It seems to be better (more professional) than the TH2G.
    I'll let you know.

-------------
    Andre Krause
    Arcus