Quote Originally Posted by SvenCRen View Post
I will try the CODEC that you mention above and see how that works for me. Speaking of different CODECs, what do you know about H.264? It looks like a very promising new HD CODEC and I would like to try this with Catalyst as well. Been hearing a great buzz about this.
Scott Riley
make sure you test the latest software build - m147 - there are some optimisations for higher definition codecs.

buzz yes - useful no.

h264 is not good.
try apple intermediate codec.
try different image sizes with this - and compare-

ignore the buzz - h264 is an internet codec- data rates are not contrained in a media server - what a media server needs is quick...

these are not the qualities one needs for a media server:
Ratified as part of the MPEG-4 standard (MPEG-4 Part 10), this ultra-efficient technology gives you excellent results across a broad range of bandwidths, from 3G for mobile devices to iChat AV for video conferencing to HD for broadcast and DVD.
all these advanced technologies mean its slow-

H.264 in QuickTime 7 for Tiger implements a set of advanced technologies and patent-pending techniques to create pristine video at low data rates. The H.264 encoder features:
Intelligent multi-pass encoding for the best possible results at the desired bit rate with the optimal number of compression passes.
Time-saving single-pass encoding for creating draft encodes, meeting impending deadlines and live encoding with QuickTime Broadcaster.
Peak-constrained VBR options for limited data-rate scenarios such as streaming and CD/DVD playback.
Advanced frame reordering (B-frame) support to more efficiently represent movie data.
4x4 integer transform for reducing traditional blocking and ringing artifacts, especially in areas of fine detail.
Improved intraframe prediction for more efficient compression of details and gradients in high-motion video.
Increased precision in motion estimation for crisp reconstruction of objects in motion.
Flexible block sizes in motion estimation for more efficient encoding of complicated motion in areas of fine detail.
Adaptively tuned in-loop deblocking filter for eliminating blocking artifacts, resulting in a smooth, clean image.