Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Master intensity per mix

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Postma View Post

I do realize that with 12 layers + 4 mixes this goes way over a single DMX universe, but this is easily overcome by using ArtNET, or using fewer layers/mixes.
    I'd love a light version of layers layout . No Keystone , no strobe , no trail .

Very basic stuf to control only the contents .

All other control could then go in the Mix control .

Not as standard , I do not say I don't want the 40ch , but I'll like a light version of the layer .

Also I wish a A/B crossfade layout . Say 6 A/B xfade layers .

the A/B xfade it's very useful , once you set the geometry in the Layer what you have to do it's only to select different contents and fade from A to B
    Easy simple and useful , 90% of catalyst programming it's about crossfade from one content to an other .

I'm sure someone will jump in and will say that I'm having the worst idea by thinking to the A/B xfade but this is what I wish .

Not at all...in fact there is some similar discussion going on in the DL.2 forums.

The PRG MBox already does this.

All we really need is two extra channels...one that determines the type of crossfade, and another that determines the speed.

So that once you change your Folder/File values...instead of "snapping" to the next piece of content...it follows the settings on these two new channels.

This should be added to the layers....maybe even as a Visual FX...with FX Param-1 being "type of crossfade" and Param-2 being "crossfade speed".
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

Here is the thread on the HES forums for anyone who is interested:

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=4931
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

All we really need is two extra channels...one that determines the type of crossfade, and another that determines the speed.

So that once you change your Folder/File values...instead of "snapping" to the next piece of content...it follows the settings on these two new channels.

This should be added to the layers....maybe even as a Visual FX...with FX Param-1 being "type of crossfade" and Param-2 being "crossfade speed".
    I wish it could be so easy to do , but i think transitions cost a lots of GPU resources . May be it could be possible if a A/B layer stand as Two .
    As far I know this is a very old request but it's never come to light , there must be some reason .

Also, Martin this A/B will solve even your transparency issue , isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by emilianomorgia View Post
    I wish it could be so easy to do , but i think transitions cost a lots of GPU resources......As far I know this is a very old request but it's never come to light , there must be some reason .
    I certainly hope it is easy....I'm sure Richard will make it look that way if it is possible. I would think that with the newer machines that there are enough resources for this.

Also, Martin this A/B will solve even your transparency issue , isn't it ?
    Yes A/B could solve some of the earlier mentioned transparency issues, but so could a Visual FX on a Layer as the crossfade would then be occuring on a single Layer as opposed to two.
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

I'd love a light version of layers layout . No Keystone , no strobe , no trail .

Very basic stuf to control only the contents .

All other control could then go in the Mix control .

Not as standard , I do not say I don't want the 40ch , but I'll like a light version of the layer .
    I agree that a smaller DMX footprint for Layers would be great too, especially if some of the control (such as keystone, etc) goes into a Mix Control "fixture".

Losing Keystone would save 8 channels per layer alone
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

Yes A/B could solve some of the earlier mentioned transparency issues, but so could a Visual FX on a Layer as the crossfade would then be occuring on a single Layer as opposed to two.
    Actually, this really wouldn't solve the transparency issues. Most of the problem comes from when you have two layers composited (via alpha or an effect) and you need to decrease the intensity of the image on the output for camera (too bright of a background, etc), and the top layer starts to become transparent and shows the layer behind it. I have run into this problem many times, and it is a very annoying problem.
    Having a master intensity that does not effect opacity of the layers is really what is needed to solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonrudolph View Post
    Having a master intensity that does not effect opacity of the layers is really what is needed
    I agree completely on the need for a Mix Intensity.
    Best Regards,
    - Marty

I totally agree on the mix master intensity as reducing the intensity of a layer may cause problems with transparency...
    But I do not see the advantage of having live control on mix properties.
    I am quite glad that I can setup my mixes in the HUD and don´t have to have to program this on the lighting console.

Mixes are for system setup and layers are for live programming - that is the way I see it...
    Olli
    ------
    Oliver Ranft, Aachen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by OlliR View Post
    But I do not see the advantage of having live control on mix properties.
    When do you have different layers keystone inside the same mix ?