Thread: Master intensity per mix

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by tylerr View Post
    For the TV show i am working on the video dept is constantly asking me to dim down various led screens that i have mapped into mixes. The problem is that then they are transparent thus revealing my next or previous cue. A master intensity channel per mix would be fantastic!!!!!
    I assume you are not using a DMX controller , am right ?

this happens via DMX as well, I run into this all the time in the world of TV, you need to bring down the intensity, but then you see through to layers behind the front one. What I have done sometimes in the past, is to use a color effect to darken the output, but you can't always do this. Having a master intensity that does not affect opacity per mix would be very handy.

Excuse me , you are right , I though that was there already :-)
    but it's not .

Agree with you

yes. actually this stuff is useful-

i came across this years and years ago - and it was the reason that people used celco desks on tv shoots - because they have a master output knob for each channel.

5. Sometimes even i think up usefull stuff.

I look forward to a knob in Catalyst.
    Tyler Roach
    Eclipse Creativity, Inc.

Just a suggestion... If I need to fade an output, I will usually use library 0 and file 1 (which is a black file) on a top layer. Then I can bring up the intensity of this layer on an independant fader and it acks like a fade to the whole mix. Yes, I know you loose a layer by doing this but until there's an upgrade, it's a good workaround.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild View Post
    Just a suggestion... If I need to fade an output, I will usually use library 0 and file 1 (which is a black file) on a top layer. Then I can bring up the intensity of this layer on an independant fader and it acks like a fade to the whole mix. Yes, I know you loose a layer by doing this but until there's an upgrade, it's a good workaround.
    Awesome idea if you have the available layer, I will definitely put that one in my back pocket.