Thread: V 3.3 Video Card?

V 3.3 Video Card?

hey all!

I'm running catalyst Pro 3.3 on a G5 dual 2.0 Ghz machine. I want to add a second video card so I can have a third display to show the OS and Catalyst interface when I am using both outputs.

Since my AGP slot is already being used by the main video card, I *believe* I need to find a PCI-X card.

The easiest option for me is to use a ATI Radeon 7000 that I have sitting around, but I wanted to check first before taking my system apart.

Are there any cards that will run better than others? Anyones to stay away from?

Thanks!

AJ

there are no video card options with these machines - they only have a single video card slot - there are no pci-x cards.

you will be lucky to find even a replacement card - almost everything in this generation mac is hard to get - or obsolete.

you can try the matrox dual head and triple head to go - but you are pushing things a little.

as there was no possibility to have 3 outputs ( and there still isnt a workable solution ) you cant see the catalyst interface and have 2 outputs at the same time-

v4 design changed and nothing useful is shown in non-full screen mode - and there is more support for using matrox dual and triple head.