Thread: Catalyst and Pathway

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by FxDrew View Post
    I know they are "Artnet Compatible", but I'm not sure what they mean by that.
    It means they are compatible ...

Quote Originally Posted by FxDrew View Post
    I'm trying to assemble all my Catalyst to Artnet to DMX options.
    are you planing to use PIXELMAD ? if so consider a input and an output converter .

I'm from EU I've no idea what's available in the US market

BTW you don't need such sophisticated toy like "CATA-LINX" it's just too big and 2 expensive (IMO) . Wi-Fi ether . Who want to use Wi-Fi in a real show ? Yack ...

What do you need it's to send an email to Robert Armstrong and ask him if the box does do the job you need .

here is Robert's contact page
    http://www.pathwayconnect.com/compon...d,22/Itemid,3/

I hope this help .

( rumors say that dp8000 it's really near to be released )

Here it is the PathAnswer

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Armstrong
    The short answer is yes, Pathport nodes are fully Artnet compatible.

The longer answer is that I would recommend running the Catalyst into a 2-port node or a Pathport Uno only. The DMX Manager Plus (4-port node) should work but hasn't been tested yet.

The Artnet Ethernet-receive to DMX needs to be configured using the Pathport Manager version 4 software (free download from our website and very simple to do). Also, I'm assuming the Catalyst is spitting out proper Artnet - I have no way of testing that.

I hope this helps.

Robert Armstrong
    Technical Sales
    Pathway Connectivity

Pathways offices are a couple blocks from my place, I know Robert well and have sent him a message to arrange testing it here...

-s

Quote Originally Posted by RedLightning View Post
    Pathways offices are a couple blocks from my place, I know Robert well and have sent him a message to arrange testing it here...

-s
    Great news Schot !