Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst v4.1m132 - needs testing

Catalyst v4.1m132 - needs testing

Trying to remove some of the braindead bits-

This version needs testing - by users with large libraries-

---

Quick Scanning files takes a lot less time - people have large libraries loading the application took too long-
    So with large library application loads very quickly. Should be at least 20x faster.

Image thumbnails are preserved when application is restarted.

All full scan files does is make new image thumbnails- so it isnt needed very often.
    Also increased resolution of thumbnail images.
    Will improve more.

---

New video input options -

Cropped video inputs. Each input can be cropped - which means you can use quad splitters or zandar multiplexers - i have done this on many shows recently to get more inputs.
    Video input channel aliasing. You can duplicate a single video input with different cropping or colour fx settings.
    Colour FX on video input channels. You can have an input with one setting that makes it black and white - and another that is super saturated - without having to do this in a layer.

All these things work up to 1920 x 1080 - You can crop and duplicate and use colour fx on full 1920 x 1080 inputs.
    Tested with PAL V1P Sony HDMI camera with 1920x1080 progressive scan using HDMI and Decklink intensity.

I can have at least 4 virtual 1920x1080 inputs each with its own crop on my intel macpro.
    Deinterlacing can be turned on or off for each input - including virtual inputs

---

Other things
    Increased Pro version to 14 layers and 8 mixes.
    Can you actually playback 14 layers? Yes you can. With an 8 core intel, and a RAM disc i have been able to play 14 layers of dv at 25FPS.
    You can also playback 14 layers - if you use smaller movies on older machines.
    You can playback a lot of layers of 320x240 jpeg movies.

New LITE version with only 2 layers - but not crippled in any other way.
    800 presets in all versions.
    Added support for controlling professional Pioneer dvd players.
    MTC output. And midi notes/controllers output from cue list.
    Router and repeater for serial output commands - to send same data to multiple destinations.
    More sound input fx for multichannel audio inputs. Including texture mapped ones for creating VU type meters

I will test that,... Fast Scan is great news,.... we have almost 5000 clips.

Regards

BTW - Richard, did you got my emails from last week ? Regards
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    I will test that,... Fast Scan is great news,.... we have almost 5000 clips.

Regards

BTW - Richard, did you got my emails from last week ? Regards
    please tell me how it works with 5000 files. click 'scan files' once to generate thumbnails -
    quick scan should be almost instantaneous.

---

emails-Im still trying to catchup on everything i have to do.

In the video inputs manager should left and right be labelled x and y? Also should there be a zoom control for fine positioning of quad split feeds?

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by rosswill View Post
    In the video inputs manager should left and right be labelled x and y? Also should there be a zoom control for fine positioning of quad split feeds?

Ross
    x and y - gets into the coordinate problem - top left versus bottom left coordinates...
    video systems normally use top left coordinates.
    x and y is normally bottom left....

---

zoom control - you can resize the video input window. and it is single pixel accurate with the controller. you should be able to type in a number....

---

Ross
    you asked for a vu meter type visual fx some time ago. this is in there.... its being used on peter gabriel. they wanted 8 vu meters. using a motu ultralite.

works with multichannel sound inputs

Maybe the gui needs to show which are crop and which are position controls?

Maybe the gui needs to show which are crop and which are position controls?
    yes it does

The crop and position stuff worked fine for me on Groenemeyer.

Hugh

Quote Originally Posted by Spam Butterfly View Post
    The crop and position stuff worked fine for me on Groenemeyer.

Hugh
    hugh used a 720p output from a zandar box to get 4x sdi inputs into a decklink card.
    Crop and position was used to create 4 individually selected video inputs in Catalyst.